What is the tool?
The Brexit Trade toolkit is a self-audit tool that delivers a simple, easy-to-understand report to help companies plan for the cost of trading with the EU post Brexit. This tool takes you through the exporting and importing journey of your manufactured products and their parts.
You can find out the:
- tariff code of your product
- non-tariff barriers your company
could face (e.g. customs documents)
- duty you are likely to pay on
whatever you import or export after the transitional period is over
The tool will:
- Be updated as negotiations with the EU progress
- Enable you to find any tax and duty relief schemes your business can take advantage of
- Help as part of a larger supply mapping exercise
- Up-to-date duty rates according to the World Trade Organisation and is designed by customs and trade experts
- An easy to understand report of cost implication and helps companies understand Rules of Origin
- The relevant documents that companies should fill in over the coming months
To find about more about this service or how else EEF can help you, contact;