The Brexit Toolkit is designed to help businesses deal with trade and migration issues arising as a result of Brexit. Our self-audit trade tool delivers a report to help companies plan for the cost of trading with the EU after the UK leaves the European Union. And now we have a new migration section, which helps businesses future proof their workforce against new legislation and settlement rules.
- tariff code of your product
- duty amounts of the components or finished items bought or sold
- options available to colleagues who have migrated to the UK and implications for UK workers posted to the EU
- practical guidance for employers relating to EU workers and their rights to work in the UK
- an easy to understand report of cost implications and operational considerations when importing or exporting
- relevant, timely guidance, created by experts with vast experience in a range of related fields
Government has relaunched its advice to businesses outlining the actions organisations must take now in order to continue trading with the EU after 31 October
The newly published HMRC checklist highlights what actions are required to prepare businesses to continue importing and exporting post-Brexit.
Every business will need an EORI number to move goods into or out of the EU. VAT-registered businesses will receive a letter from HMRC over the next two weeks with an assigned UK EORI number.
If your business is not VAT-registered, you still need to register for an EORI number. Getting an EORI number is an easy process that takes 5-10 minutes to complete.
The Transitional Simplified Procedures (TSP) originally announced in March have also been rolled over so companies can transport goods from the EU into the UK without having to make full customs declarations at the border or pay import duties straight away. Traders will be able to delay putting in customs declarations for a minimum of six months from the date Britain leaves the EU.
• Check the guidance the Government has published about the changes that will affect you when the UK leaves the EU.
New to the MAKE UK Brexit Trade Toolkit, click to register online.
Already have a login? Click here.
Find out what leaving the EU means for your business, use our online calculator to see how your duty charges could change and stay on top of the trade news.
Non-Members - £1000, Affiliate Members - £450, Core Members - £250
To find more about this service or how else MAKE UK can help you, contact Brexit@makeuk.org or call our helpline - 0808 168 5874
The Brexit Toolkit is delivered by MAKE UK