The Brexit Toolkit is designed to help businesses deal with trade and migration issues arising as a result of Brexit. Our self-audit trade tool delivers a report to help companies plan for the cost of trading with the EU after the UK leaves the European Union. And now we have a new migration section, which helps businesses future proof their workforce against new legislation and settlement rules.
- tariff code of your product
- duty amounts of the components or finished items bought or sold
- options available to colleagues who have migrated to the UK and implications for UK workers posted to the EU
- practical guidance for employers relating to EU workers and their rights to work in the UK
- an easy to understand report of cost implications and operational considerations when importing or exporting
- relevant, timely guidance, created by experts with vast experience in a range of related fields
The ‘Trading and moving goods from the UK to the EU if the UK leaves with no deal’ page includes guidance on what to do:
Government has told all companies which import or export goods into or out of the EU to register for an EORI number (a European Union registration and identification.
• how to make a customs declaration – with details of how to fill in the commodity code for your goods
• how to move goods under transit – including how to use the Common Transit Convention to move your goods more easily
• after your goods leave the UK – with details of how long you’ll need to keep your commercial invoices and customs paperwork.
The ‘Trading and moving goods from the EU to the UK if the UK leaves with no deal’ page includes the same relevant guidance but with additional details including what to do:
• when carrying merchandise in baggage
• importing animal, plant or other controlled products
• when your goods arrive – with details of how to pay customs duty and account for import VAT.
All businesses should continue to use the 'Prepare your business for the UK leaving the EU' tool, on GOV.UK that provides specific guidance based on their answers to seven questions about the nature of their business.
You can catch up with the government EU Exit webinars for UK traders at a time suit you. The webinars cover what UK businesses need to know to keep imports and exports up to speed, and it identifies the key steps to continue trading with EU businesses.
New to the MAKE UK Brexit Trade Toolkit, click to register online.
Already have a login? Click here.
Find out what leaving the EU means for your business, use our online calculator to see how your duty charges could change and stay on top of the trade news.
Non-Members - £1000, Affiliate Members - £450, Core Members - £250
To find more about this service or how else MAKE UK can help you, contact Brexit@makeuk.org or call our helpline - 0808 168 5874
The Brexit Toolkit is delivered by MAKE UK